General Repair Service Manager
KG Performance Solutions in Fitzwilliam, NH is looking for an experienced Service Manager to lead our General Repair team! The Service Manager will be responsible for the effective operation of the general repair service center by providing leadership and direction to the automotive mechanics, working in conjunction with the Performance and Powder Coating Divisions, and providing superior service, honesty, and integrity to our customers and vendors. The Service Manager will cultivate a positive work environment, managing expenses, and maintaining sales and profit objectives, all while servicing our loyal customers.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Managing staff by growing an effective team that is properly trained to optimize sales and growth while ensuring jobs are assigned appropriately to technicians based on skill level and demand of services.
- Analyzes payroll expenses to maximize productivity, while making certain that all work schedules are prepared in a timely manner, and employees follow company time and attendance policies.
- Reviews productivity and performance with individual associates on a weekly basis leading up to a scheduled monthly performance review. Provides employees with weekly time sheets and discrepancies are discussed.
- Ensures customers are continually satisfied, while monitoring and resolving customer complaints.
- Ensures all sales and work is properly communicated to the customer prior to and during working on any vehicle. Makes use of the SMS to communicate effectively with customers.
- Monitors multiple lines of communication including email, text messaging, phone, and voicemail, and ensures customers are contacted within a timely manner.
- Properly schedules appointments based on book time and knowledge and reviews the schedule daily to ensure any openings are filled or shop projects are assigned to technicians.
- Ensures effective daily operation of the service center to achieve sales and productivity objectives
- Has a thorough understanding and background in automotive repair and aftermarket parts, to ensure customers are quoted properly, parts are ordered correctly, technicians are assigned to jobs appropriately, and customers are communicated with in an effective and efficient manner.
- Plans and implements any technical training, including safety training programs, as well as ensuring that the service center equipment is in safe and operational condition and that service technicians are properly trained to use available equipment and preform preventative maintenance regularly.
- Schedules and conducts company meetings on an as needed basis.
- Plans and implements promotional activities, communicates pricing and service changes to the team and customers, and consistently reviews our pricing and product offerings.
- Records and reviews daily, weekly, and monthly sales; and reports successes as well as issues to the owner and accounting manager during regularly scheduled Management meetings.
- Conducts operational self-audits on a weekly basis.
- Manages daily preparation of service center, service desk, and equipment prior to start of business each day, and properly communicates with customers in regards to unclaimed or unfinished vehicles on a daily basis, prior to properly securing and shutting down the service center for the day.
- Inspects customer waiting area and parking lot for cleanliness each day as well as monitoring lot for any vehicles that are not properly checked in.
- Communicating with customers regarding no-shows so that associates can stay productive throughout the workday
- Properly orders, receives, manages, and returns parts on a daily as needed basis
Standard work week and qualifications needed:
- The standard work week for a Service Manager is 5 days consisting of 45-50 hours. Periodic and/or unexpected business necessity may require some work that is above and beyond the standard schedule, but this is rare. Our normal operating hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. We are NOT open on weekends!
- Strong management and leadership skills, consistent with being supportive, motivational, assertive, and decisive are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as a strong understanding for computers and the ability to learn our shop management system
- Sound business sense with the ability to analyze, prioritize, and identify any problems and solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A comprehensive understanding of automotive servicing and the automotive industry with a proven background in the field.
- Proven results and prior management experience
- Valid drivers license
- NH State inspection license is a plus, but it is not required
Benefits: (All benefits are available to full time employees after a 60-day introductory period)
- Competitive pay based on proven experience
- Regular performance reviews with opportunity for advancement and/or bonuses
- No weekends!
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health Insurance
- Off the Job Accident Insurance
- Simple IRA with company match
- Semi-Annual Company Outings
- NH Paid Family Medical Leave
- Term Life Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Paid Vacations
If you are interested, please send a resume or a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-242-7000 opt. 4 for more information.
Download Our Application To Apply
This is your opportunity to be a part of a skilled and motivated workforce. Interested applicants should email their completed application to Admin@kgperformancesolutions.com or bring their completed application to the shop Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. Please call or text 603-242-7000 option 4 with any questions.
Click Here for Application